Pictures

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Team - Meet 'Em

Alrighty, folks- here's the team. Above each picture is the team member's name, and under the picture is their short biographic paragraph. Enjoy getting to know these great people!

Stephen McCollum - Team Leader
I am from Cullybackey, Northern Ireland. I’m in my first year at Glasgow University studying Chemistry and German. My home church is Cullybackey RP Church, and when I’m in Scotland I attend Airdrie RP Church. I like watching films, playing volleyball, and hanging out with friends.

Ben Gordon
I came over on the Semester in Scotland program in 2006. I am a member of Calvary Orthodox Presbyterian Church in Middletown, Pennsylvania. I work for a mental hospital with troubled youth. I am planning on being a pastor someday but am waiting on the Lord to lead me in that area. I don't feel ready to go back to school just yet. I am also in a band with my brother and best friend called ‘Her Dying Prayer’.

Heather Miller
I came over on the Semester in Scotland program in 2007. I just finished my last year at Geneva College where I studied Christian Ministry and Philosophy. I’m from Philadelphia where I am a member of a Presbyterian Church. I am engaged to Christian Eriksson.

Amelia Ward
I am a member of the Shawnee, KS RPC. I graduated from Geneva College in 2006. I like to knit and draw, and I love reading missionary biographies. I also like running and soccer, but I'm not good at either one! Hopefully I'll get to play some soccer over here in Scotland. Hiking is one of my favorite things to do--I love seeing spring wildflowers and the trees and everything. I also love singing and playing the piano.

Joel Wallace
I am finishing my first year at Kansas State University where I am studying Computer Science, Economics, and Leadership Studies. My home church is the RP Church in Winchester, Kansas. I am somewhat of a country-nerd – I love to work with computers, but couldn’t stand living in the city or being indoors all the time.

Jackie Decker
I am from the Reformed Presbyterian congregation in Columbus, Indiana. I plan to attend Cedarville University to study nursing this fall. I really enjoy playing soccer and being a triathlete. Piano, French horn, English handbells, and trumpet are a few of the many instruments I play.

Brett Schmidt
I am 18 years old, and from Aurora, Colorado (I'm originally from Lagrange, Georgia). I am a member of the OP Church. I just graduated high school and I plan to study Landscape Architecture in college. I LOVE to cook, do art (especially draw), and I also LOVE music - it's amazing!

Joe & Maggie Allyn

Joe: I am a member of the RP Church in Shawnee, Kansas. I am an engineer, working at Garmin International, designing avionics sensors. I am a student of Greek and church history. I like cooking, hanging out, studying theology, and playing video games.

Maggie: I am a member of the RPC Shawnee Congregation. My husband, Joe, and I got married in June 2007. The Lord has given me work as a nanny for 3 small boys (ages 4, 2, and 4 months). My favourite thing to study is languages.


Staci Templeton

I am a missionary kid and grew up in Brazil, South America. Since 2001, I have lived in three different states in the US and also lived in Thailand for 1.5 years. I have been back in the US working full time and doing online classes. Upon arrival back into the US after my time in Scotland, I will be moving to the state of Texas where I will be getting married and finishing up my degree in college (Fine Arts).


Well, that's the team - Joe and Maggie will be joining the team in Scotland on Saturday, and Staci will join the team in mid-June.

1 comment:

  1. Loving the description of the team leader!

    ReplyDelete