Pictures

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lessons Learned in Airdrie

The past four weeks have been a growing experience in many ways. I have been given the opportunity to share my testimony with many different people and to work with the team to spread the gospel here in Airdrie. We have experienced many different reactions in the distribution of leaflets and presentations in the schools. Even though we have not seen alot of obvious fruit from our labors, I know we have made an impact in the Airdrie community. For example, Andrew Quigley has had a few encounters with people from the community who have read our flyers but not attended the meetings. I pray the testimonies they read will have a lasting impact on their lives.

During my time in Airdrie, I have enjoyed getting to know many new people. The team has had numerous interactions with the youth and many of the members in the congregation have blessed us with their hospitality. It is encouraging to get to know older and wiser Christians in the church. The Airdrie church has demonstrated a heart for ministry in the community as they labored together with the mission team.

I have also had the opportunity to work with a group of strong Christians who have been given many different gifts and talents. I am thankful God brought each of the people on the team together to use our abilities for His glory. God truly works all things together for His purpose. Some of the team are blessed with the ability to cook very well. I appreciate their efforts to serve the team in this area. Others on the team were blessed with talents in acting, painting, encouraging, leading, etc. The list could continue for a while, but each talent was given to the individual for a purpose. In the Bible, God commands us not to waste our talents but to use them for His glory. The mission in Airdrie gave many of us the opportunity to do that.

One of the things I have enjoyed most about this trip was the opportunity to admire God's creation. Because of the rain, the plants paint a vibrant landscape and seem to shout of God's amazing work. It is indescribable, so I hope you have the opportunity to see some of the pictures we have taken. Somehow, it seems easier to imagine just a hint of God's majesty when you are standing at the base of a large and beautiful mountain. Suddenly, you start to realize just how small you are. Yet, God knows the number of hairs on your head. Today, I was thinking about God's purpose for all things as we drove through the Highlands. Each mountain, tree, rock, and small hill were placed in just the right spot... God did not randomly decide to put several mountains and trees in the northern part of Scotland. Rather, each rock, tree, and mountain is unique and placed in a certain area for a purpose. Similarly, God created each person uniquely. I know God brought me to Airdrie as part of His plan for my life, and I'm thankful for the many lessons He has taught me during the past four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment